I’ll be short: a new Apper version is out, but don’t expect much it has only 2 new features and a bunch of bugfixes, I’ve made a small lists of what have changed:
– Added a origin column
– Added a “Installed Version” column to updater UI
– Fix bug on exiting when the origns model had changes to do
– Fix bug that prevented EULA/GPG key from being accepted
– Fix tray icon to properly show a restart action
– Fix Session Interface not to crash, and respond to button clicks when no package was to be installed
– Fix bug when clicking on a file to install
You can download it here.
I’m planning another big interface change, but I had not draw it yet since a few components are not yet clear to me how to be handled…
I was to give special thanks for Matthias Klumpp for preparing and uploading Apper’s and PackageKit’s packages to Debian (yes they are on the repos – not this version yet but his is already uploading).
I want also thank Fedora and openSUSE guys that helped testing some of the above bugs so we could fix then faster.
Enjoy this new release😀