Apper has finally a new version!!
Last release is from February, not much changed in PackageKit since that time this is why you haven’t seen a new release, but this release doesn’t include last PackageKit feature (repair system). The focus I’ve put on this was fixing most of the important bugs we had in Apper, so it should be a rock solid release, it is surely not bug free as there is one bug that I won’t fix (I can’t reproduce nor have an idea how to fix, and the QML port will kill it).
The next release will include repair system, showing which packages are untrusted before installing them, and maybe some initial QML usage. Yes, I’m very excited with QML, it allows for a really cool flow especially for this kind of app, though we don’t have Desktop components yet, we can already do lots of cool stuff with it, but first I want to see Matthias work on Appstream and Software Center with openSUSE, that way we can have application data to browse without worry about the distribution!
What this new version includes:
- Automatic Refresh Cache properly fixed
- Initial Listaller support (optional)
- Supported filter added (depends on the backend)
- KDED plugin runs on a separate thread to avoid
- Fixed updating packages that were on untrusted repos
- Some man pages (thanks to ximion)
- Many other bug and Krazy fixes