Cutelyst, the C++/Qt web framework got another up.
This release includes:
- Fix for our EPoll event loop spotted by our growing community
- An Sql query conversion optimization (also from community), we have helper methods to create QVariantHash, QVariantMap, QVariantList… from QSqlQuery to be used by Grantlee templates
- New Sql query conversion to JSON types (QJsonObject, QJsonArray..) making it easier and faster to build REST services as shown on our blog post about Creating RESTful applications with Qt and Cutelyst
- New boolean methods to test for the HTTP method used (isPUT(), isDelete()…) easing the work on REST apps
- Fix for our CPU affinity logic, thanks to the TechEmpower benchmarks I found out that when creating many workers process they were all being assigned to a single CPU core, I knew that pre-fork was usually slower than threads on modern CPUs but was always intrigued why the difference was so big. Hopefully it will be smaller now.
Since I’m currently building a REST service OAuth2 seems to be something that would be of good use, one user has started working on this, hopefully this will soon be ready.